Thursday, July 14, 2022

Dear Ellie

Dear Ellie, Happy Birthday sweet Ellie Belly! It is hard to belive you are ELEVEN today! Eleven years ago you were a perfect addition to our family. You bring us so much joy every day. You are such a beautiful part of our family and you are so fiercly your own person. You are my introvert. You can often be found playing or reading alone when everyone else is with a group of friends. You love to read. You don't go anywhere without a book and I've learned not to ask you what your book is about unless I have at least 20 minutes to listen to a full synopsis of the book! I hope you always love books as much as you do now. (And I'm so glad you got my love of reading.) You love the ocean and the pool and waterparks...pretty much anything involving water! You did swim team again this summer and loved it (and made it through the season without breaking a bone...always a plus). This summer you discovered a talent for butterfly and learned that you were also pretty good at IM! This year you tried out soccer and enjoyed it...you had a sweet team and a great coach. You went back to in person school this year which you were SO excited about. Virtual was not your thing. You made lots of friends and loved being back in a classroom. I am so glad you were able to have a pretty normal 5th grade year. It's hard to believe that in just 1 month you, my teeny tiny Ellie, will be starting middle school! I hope you have a wonderful first year of middle school. I know it will be a big adjustment for you but you are so sweet and funny and I hope you will make some wonderful friends! This year you became a member of our church. I was so proud of you and happy for you! You have missed doing theater since we left Columbia. You have tried a few classes here but haven't really loved them. This year we went to watch your BFF Lucy in a show and it made you miss theater even more. So in a few weeks you are trying out for a show in Greenville. You have been too nervous to try out for a show but you are finally ready and I am so excited for you! You also signed up for theater class this as one of your related arts classes at school and I hope you will be able to do theater club at school too. I can't wait to see you light up the stage again! This year we did so many fun things. We went to dollywood and the dollywood water park. We went skiing (you like the big hills but need some further instruction when it comes to slowing down!) and snow tubing. We went to the beach. You spent countless hours with neighborhood friends and school friends. You got to visit Lucy in Columbia a few times. You enjoyed each adventure we had and I loved getting to experience all the adventures with you! Ellie your smile lights up a room. You are a sweet sister and love to spend time with your siblings...except at night...you always choose to sleep alone in your room. You are beautiful and kind and a joy to be with. I can't wait to see what adventures come your way this next year! I love you Ellison Rachel! Love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment