Monday, November 11, 2019

Disney Cruise Part 4 - Halloween on the High Seas and Pirate Night

We had 2 different theme nights on our ship, Pirate Night and Halloween on the High Seas. I believe Pirate Night is a standard on all Disney Cruises but Halloween is only on certain cruises during the Halloween season.
For Halloween the kids dressed up in their costumes and Trick or Treated around the ship. It was pretty much an absolute madhouse. But the kids had fun and were excited about their candy. After the trick or treating they had a lot of the characters out dancing.


Apparently a quick video at dinner was the only "group picture" I got. We must have been rushing!







On Pirate Night there was a special menu at dinner and a pirate show right after dinner on the pool deck. The show was really good and we all enjoyed it. Then they had music and a dance party which of course the kids loved.


This ship was made of bread...so cool!










At about 10:30 at night they had another show and fireworks. Emmie was the only one who wanted to stay up for the fireworks so my parents stayed with the other kids while Paul and I took Emmie.




We kind of threw our  pirate outfits together at the last minute but I was really pleased with how they turned out!

I am not a "theme" night person by any means. That kind of stuff does not excite me at all. I will say that Halloween was fine but kind of chaotic and I wasn't pleased about having to haul Halloween costumes on the cruise with us. However, Pirate Night was really fun! I loved all the neat themed stuff they had on the ship and it was fun getting our outfits together. Most of what we wore was things we already had and I just bought some accessories to go with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment