Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Christmas Break

We had so much fun over Christmas break. I know lots of people who count down the days until their kids are back in school but I'm one of those parents who LOVES Christmas break. I love the slower pace, being able to sleep in a little or lay around half the day if we want to, and all the fun things we can do when everybody is at home. During our break wewent to the James Island lights (see previous post), rode on the Santa train (post coming later this week), plus lots of other really fun things (see below)!

Clara and her kids came over and we decorated gingerbread houses/Christmas train cakes. The kids had a great time and we loved getting to visit with Clara, Mary Ruth, and Ezekiel! Also I'm pretty sure they ate more candy than made it on to their houses!



Emmie

Ellie

Ellie

Emmie

Ellie

Ruthie

Emmie

JP (with some help from Mommy)

JP

Emmie went and spent a night with her friend Evelyn and we let Ellie stay up late and we played games with Paul and I. (She kills at the Disney Jr headbandz game!)
Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, table

We went one evening to see the Christmas lights at the zoo with the Evelyn and her family. 

Meeting Ellie the Elephant! JP was NOT impressed.

JP had the best time walking around holding Emmie and Evelyn's hands.




Image may contain: one or more people, night and outdoor

playing in the "snow"
Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standing, shoes and outdoor

The girls thought the "snow" in their hair was so funny!
Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, christmas tree, night and outdoor


The girls and I went to see The Star Movie with the Esteses. It was super cute and we all loved it.

A group of Emmie's friends got together for skating one evening and Ellie and Ruthie were thrilled to get to tag along! Ellie and Ruthie played in the playground area but Emmie has been trying to figure out roller skating. She was really close to having it down pat last time we went but this time she reall got it! I'm so proud of her persistence!

(Emmie is in the white shirt and light pink pants)


Emmie went and played with her friend Addison, who also has absence seizures like Emmie. Her mom and I have been trying to set up a playdate since this summer and both girls were really excited that it finally happened! 

I also FINALLY got Clay Rice silhouettes done for the kids. I happened to see an ad on fb that he was going to be in Lexington and I managed to snag the last 4 spots that were together. I was really excited because he used to come to a consignment shop near us but it was always on Saturdays that I was working. I've been wanting to get silhouettes done for years! It was pretty amazing to watch him cut out the silhouettes. It literally took him about 2 minutes per child! I was SO thrilled with how they turned out!

The end of our Christmas break was not nearly as much fun. I was super sick the day after Christmas (body aches...pretty much just laid on the couch all day) but fortunately I woke up the next day feeling just fine. December 30th I had to take Emmie to After Hours with a sinus infection and oh by the way that cough she's had for a month was walking pneumonia (mom of the year over here!), and January 2nd Ruthie was at the doctor with walking pneumonia (another mom of the year award for the cough she's had since early December...I did take her to the doctor for it once already so that counts in my favor right?) and JP got some antibiotics for the green nastiness coming out of his nose.

So the end was not as much fun as the beginning but we certainly had a WONDERFUL Christmas break overall! And I managed to patch everyone up to go back to school (and midnight after her second day back Emmie was up throwing up...sigh. But nobody else got it so #winning). Now I'm looking forward to Spring Break and more fun adventures with my babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment