Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Emmie's 4th Birthday Party - Fancy Nancy!

I ordered these invitations off of Etsy and I was THRILLED with how they turned out!

Emmie turns 4 on December 17th but we had her birthday party this past Saturday so that we made sure we got it in before baby!
I took the girls to Belk a few weeks ago and let them pick out fancy dresses. They wanted to be matching.

This year we did a Fancy Nancy tea party at our house. If you don't know who Fancy Nancy is, she's a book character who always dresses fancy, uses big words and often speaks in French because everything sounds fancier in French.
I got home with the flowers and realized that I wasn't going to have Gin-g here to do the flower arrangements and I'm AWFUL at arranging flowers. Fortunately Clara saved the day and offered to do them for me. They turned out gorgeous!

Emmie's birthday book for all her friends to sign.

food table
The food table with the food on it. We had veggies and ranch dressing, fruit and dip, pig in a blanket (fancy hot dogs), butterfly shaped sandwiches, and pretzels dipped in chocolate and covered with sprinkles.



 

The cupcake table.
Vanilla cupcakes with strawberry icing...yumm!
 
 
The tea party table. Our numbers worked out perfectly so we had enough room for everyone to sit at one table. Gin-g and my friend Laura hunted down teacups for me at Goodwill so that we could have real china teacups! The kids were so fascinated by them. I was quite impressed that none of the cups were broken!
 

We had 9 children in attendance at our tea party (including Emmie and Ellie). Paul was super dad and dressed up in his tux to be their waiter.

We decorated picture frames and then everyone got food and "tea" (pink lemonade) and after they ate the waiter served them cupcakes and they all decorated their own cupcake. I think the kids had a lot of fun although they were all quite subdued for most of the party...guess it was the fancy attire!
making picture frames



Look at those cheeks! I just want to squeeze baby Madison every time I see her!

Jackson provided the music for us :)



They were talking to each other so politely...it was really funny!

Ellie was getting into the pink lemonade!

 
 

 
I was WORN OUT after the party (I was asleep by 9!) but Emmie had the best time so it was all worth it!


No comments:

Post a Comment