Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day!

My girls are so blessed to have a wonderful Daddy who loves them so much! When we had our 20 week ultrasound with Emmie and found out we were having a girl the first words out of Paul's mouth were "now I have to learn to braid hair and have tea parties!". He had no idea what to do with a little girl but he has definitely risen to the challenge. He has (finally) learned how to put Emmie's hair up in a rubberband. He has gotten pretty good at picking out coordinating outfits for them (remember this is the guy who wears a polo and khakis every day). When we found out Ellie was a girl the first thing he said was "now I have to pay for 2 weddings!" but he does love his Daddy's girls. We got Franklin after we had been married about 7 moonths and Paul wasn't so sure about getting a small dog but Franklin loves his Daddy and Paul has now decided that small dogs aren't so bad...as long as they're as cool as Franklin! I'm so glad that my girls (and Franklin) have such a wonderful Daddy!



Paul and I are both very fortunate to have wonderful Dads. We were both fortunate enough to have fathers who were good examples to us of what makes a good Dad. My dad, while he worked a lot, was still there for all the important things. He came to my violin concerts, came and cheered for the team that always lost in church basketball (we had lots of fun though!), and he was ALWAYS at swim meets cheering me on (in between DQing people...haha!).
We are so glad that our girls have wonderful grandfathers. They love Papa and Grandaddy so much and both of them are so good with the girls. We all think it's fun to watch Paul's dad with the girls because he only had boys so these little girls have him wrapped around their fingers! And I'll always remember when my dad came to see Emmie at the hospital after she was born. He got there after the rest of the family because he had a meeting and he walked into the room and picked up Emmie and didn't give her back until he left!
I have so many wonderful memories of time spent with my Grandaddy and I love that my girls have a loving Grandaddy and Papa to make memories with .

Papa with ALL his babies...the grown ones and the little ones.


Grandaddy playing with Emmie and Ellie.


I think this is one of the funniest pictures. While holding Ellie the grandfathers are looking at a picture of Ellie!

No comments:

Post a Comment