Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful

Last year the week of Thanksgiving was a life changing one. This time last year I learned that my mom had Hodgkin's Lymphoma. This time last year I also found out that I was pregnant. Last year Thanksgiving was a whirlwind of emotions, emotions from both ends of the spectrum.
This year was a much less eventful Thanksgiving and one where I was especially thankful. My mom is cancer free and has recovered from the side effects of the chemo. We have sweet, happy, healthy Ellie here this year to celebrate with us...and she's been sleeping through the night for about 2 weeks (except for a rough patch this week...but hopefully we're over that!).
I'm so thankful for all of our family and friends. I'm thankful for everyone that prayed for my mom and thankful for everyone that supported our family during a difficult time. I'm thankful for all my family and friends who helped out with Emmie and Ellie when Ellie was born. It truely takes a village to raise a child...especially when you have 2 under the age of 2!!
As Paul and I tucked our sweet girls into bed tonight I was overwhelmed with thankfulness for all that God has given me. I'm so thankful for the family that I grew up in, the family I married into and the two little girls that Paul and I have been blessed with.

No comments:

Post a Comment