Thursday, April 21, 2011

Sweet Sleepy Baby

One of my favorite times of the day is when I put Emmie down for either her nap or bedtime.  We always read a book and then I rock her to sleep.  I love these moments when my big girl still seems like a baby.  I love the way when she's about to go to sleep she'll either play with her hair (or my hair) or pinch the fat rolls on her neck (don't ask me why she does this but it seems to comfort her). I look at Emmie during the day and I think how fast she's grown up and so I truely treasure those moments when she just wants to cuddle up and fall asleep and she just be my baby (a very heavy baby though!).  I also love to watch her sleep.  She looks (kind of) peaceful.  Anybody who's ever slept in our guest room knows that she's not the most peaceful sleeper...she's quite noisy in fact and she moves around all night.  I love to see what crazy position she's in when I go kiss her goodnight before I go to bed.  Sometimes she's got her feet up on the crib rails, sometimes her little bottom's up in the air, sometimes she's sleeping on top of mousie...it's always entertaining!  Since she started taking a stuffed animal to bed with her she's always taken her mousie (the mouse from If You Take a Mouse to the Movies).  She LOVES mousie and yesterday I got a picture of her at the end of nap holding on to her mousie.

No comments:

Post a Comment